If you live up where I do, you may know that the local C of C is sponsoring community-wide yard sales this weekend. It’s a first for me…never tried it before, and what’s for sale in my yard is a dozen Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeers, made entirely of Legos. I churned them out at a rate of 2 an hour. Pain in the neck really, those Legos, you know? They were left-over from when I used to baby-sit my friends’ kids, some of which have kids of their own now.
Shopkeeper friend of mine sez $5 a pop is fair, so 5 it is. The antlers and chin are krazy-glued because they tended to fall off, the rest is just Lego-snapped together. So if you go for one of these, you must be gentle, or Rude Boy will end up doubling as a festive 3-D holiday puzzle. Stop over, 700 block of Elizabeth.
(1) Lily Tomlin said: For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.
(2) I read on the net that last year Heaven and Nevaeh were the 7th
most popular names for twins. Seems a little high. Do you know any?
(3) Old saying: Troubles arrive on horseback and leave on foot.
(4) What do Elvis Presley, Liberace, and Ed Sullivan all have in common?
They each had a twin; the first 2 were stillborn, Ed’s twin Danny lived 9 months.
(5) Happy Easter! …yeah, I know it isn’t, but I don’t say it enough…
(6) Bumper snicker: PROUD PARENT OF A SELF-SUFFICIENT
ADULT WHO, SINCE I DID MY JOB, DOESN’T NEED ME ANYMORE.
(7) The Lord said to Moses: Then each month, you get a new set of commandments.
You can cancel any time, but keep the first set of commandments free as Our gift.
(8) Things that don’t need an explanation part 47: After they’ve
learned to walk, some toddlers go around for a while only on tip-toes.
(9) The older I get, the less I care what people think, including me.
(10) Hey, if you know somebody who’s clueless, here’s the perfect gift:
a clue! …they’ll even wrap it for you…regular & economical family size…
(11) Handy household hint: Never put the pin you use to open the Krazy-Glue
back in the pin-cushion, because, see, what’ll happen then is…oh never mind…
(12) Some people don’t care where they’re going, as long as they’re in the driver’s seat.
(13) My philosophy in a nutshell: Be yourself, but don’t overdo it.
He was a real guy, Hormel. This is from 1946. BTW, for those of you who don’t know it, poutine is a French Canadian dish of french fries covered with cheese curd and gravy…one of their treats we Yanks up here have adopted, along with meat pies and fish-n-chips. No, not the kind Long John Silver’s has, I mean the real deal, served in a newspaper, or it would be if the Health Department let you, which they don’t. You can deliver a baby on it, but you can’t eat off it, go figure. I don’t know how to tell you this, but too much cleanliness is not healthy. You mean kids today ought to play in the dirt more, like we did? Yup.