H. G. Wells
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Edgar Allan Poe,
H. Rider Haggard
Arthur Conan Doyle
H. P. Lovecraft
Robert Lewis Stevenson
…well, I’m just readin’…BTW…which one invented Fu Manchu?…answer below…
(1) No, Progresso Italian Wedding Soup isn’t the same as Chickarina…
see, I couldn’t find Chickarina…too many kinds, I guess…Got Lentil?…
(2) Friedrich Nietzsche: If you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
(3) We tend to take things for granted…like zebras…ZEBRAS!…oh yeah, and giraffes.
(4) It ain’t the Andrews Sisters, or even Bette Middler, but it’s still
pretty cool…Christina Aguilera’s “Candyman”…watch out for the lyrics…
(5) Unusual but not unprecedented..Randy Moss is the 11th NFL player
to play for 3 teams in one season…and 7 players have played with 4!…
(6) You keep pretending to work, as long as they keep pretending to pay you.
(7) For rainy day fun, try a real (not a toy) kaleidoscope…they’re awesome…
the kind where the end screws off & you can put in your own doo-dads & what-nots.
(8) German saying: Nothing is so new as what has been forgotten.
(9) “Hermetically sealed” sounds fancy, but all it really means is air-tight…
gasses cannot pass thru, and that includes water vapor, crucial in electronics.
(10) Ex-NBA star Bill Walton said: Minor surgery is when they do it on someone else.
(11) Old Mom’s saying: Nobody needs to know how smart you are.
(12) As a kid, I thought they were saying ‘Lantic Ocean, not Land-o’-Goshen…
it’s in the Bible, located in Egypt…and the starting point of the Exodus…
(13) T-shirt sighted: “Don’t Make Me Call the Flying Monkeys”…
No comment, except to wonder if it came in poutine?
answer…Fu Manchu invented by Sax Rohmer in 1913…
Podcasts at http://stolfpod.podbean.com and http://thewholething.podbean.com
Daily blogs at https://stolf.wordpress.com and http://deepfriedhoodsiecups.wordpress.com
More bloggage at http://travelingcyst.blogspot.com and http://www.examiner.com/retro-pop-culture-in-watertown/mark-john-astolfi
Resume and audio samples at http://home.rr.com/mastolfi