(1) With 103 home runs in 69 games, the Yankees are on a pace to
hit 243 for the season…the record is 264, the 1997 Seattle Mariners…
(2) Mario Puzo in The Godfather: Never hate your enemies…it effects your judgment.
(3) Henny Youngman: I bet on a great horse…it took 7 other horses to beat him…
(4) …and he lamented: I take my wife everywhere, but she always finds her way back.
(5) If in rediscovering old music, if you come across someone named
Russell Bridges, that’s Leon Russell’s real name…actually, first name Claude.
(6) Woody Allen recalled: My education was dismal.
I went to a series of schools for mentally disturbed teachers.
(7) …he also suggested: 80% of success is showing up…
(8) Trivia for 200, Alex…BORIS…What was
Jo Anne Worley’s boyfriend’s name on Laugh-In?
(9) T. Jefferson: All tyranny needs to gain a foothold
is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
(10) Cool Daddy got Good News & Bad News…Bad News: his wife
had a little trouble with the car…Good News: he now owns a convertible.
(11) Said Roman philosopher & statesman Seneca the Younger:
If the number of our diseases surprises you, count our cooks…
(12) Grandparents were loaded…they had hot and cold running servants…
(13) Josh Billings: Chastity is like an icicle…once it melts, that’s the last of it.
In his day, he was 2nd only to Mark Twain…forgotten today, but not by me…