(1) Birthdays are good for you…statistics show the more you have, the longer you live.
(2) Steve Allen: Taken all together, the thing that would
most aggravate my asthma would be a dog smoking a cigar.
(3) Yes, I’ve lead a pretty boring life…I once applied for a government job and
was told if I were any less of a security risk, they’d give me the keys to Ft. Knox.
(4) Bob Hope on the 2 party system: No party can fool
all of the people all of the time…that’s why we need 2…
(5) …he also said: People who blow kisses are hopelessly lazy.
(6) Fred Allen: We spend 6 days a week sowing our wild oats,
then go to church on Sunday and pray for a crop failure…
(7) » » Laziness has few supporters, but many secret admirers. « «
(8) Woody Allen: It is impossible to travel faster than the speed
of light, which is good because you hat would keep blowing off…
(9) One of the favorite foods my Mom used to make was what we called a
tuna turnover…on the web, the most common name seems to be “tuna pasty.”
(10) I used to say extremely dumb things on the radio…like…Today marks
the 25th anniversary of the day Ferlin Husky got his name vaccinated…
(11) See, what I’m ultimately aiming for is a blog that “100% content-free”…
(12) In our town, the “better neighborhood” is the one
where all the refrigerators on the front porches…work!…
(13) > > > The world is a grindstone, and your life is the nose. < < <
These are from 1964. Mind you, daily strips back then didn’t have colored backgrounds…or colored anything…so these are slightly inauthentic, but why quibble. Speaking of which, did he get the math right?…A-fir-ma-tive…